Wednesday 6 July 2011

A Cry for a Lost Love

In the cold light of a damp day
I sit in my chair and think of you,
So young, so innocent and full of joy.
I loved you then and love you now
But your love was not true and went away.
The silence from you is breaking my heart
All I have left is some memories but no word.
Are you still out there love of my life?
Do you still think of me ever at all?
Or have I faded from your life 
Like the night into day?
Do you still remember the touch of my hands
Or my kisses so bold on your wonderful lips. 
All I have left is the dream of you now
So warm and so loving 
But I let you depart never to see you again. 
Will you ever again come to see me?
Will I ever again feel the warmth of your body?
Will you ever again tell me you love me? 
It is only a dream but a dream so real
That I will see you again.
Come back my love, I cry
To the walls of my room
But all I have left is the memory
And my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment